Traveling with little ones can be an adventure, but ensuring they get quality sleep amidst your journey is essential. Here's a guide on maintaining sleep routines while on the move, along with some fantastic travel sleep products that'll make the journey smoother.
As you navigate your travel plans, our comprehensive travel guide offers invaluable insights and tips for maintaining quality sleep while on the move. Get your hands on our travel guide to ensure a seamless travel experience!
1. The 80/20 Rule: Balancing Sleep and Exploration One of the crucial aspects of traveling with your child involves maintaining their sleep routine. While it's essential, it's equally crucial to allow for flexibility in your schedule to enjoy the travel experience. Keep to your child’s sleep schedule at least 80% of the time. 20% of the time you can be more flexible!
2. Keeping to the Sleep Schedule: Starting the day with the first nap in your child's sleep space is recommended. This provides a sense of familiarity, helping them adjust better to the new environment. However, for subsequent naps, you can be more flexible, allowing them on the go.
3. Prepping Before You Go: Packing key sleep aids is fundamental to ensuring your child's comfort. Essentials like the Hatch sound machine, Graco Pack and Play, blackout curtains, and the Slumber Pod can significantly contribute to a restful sleep away from home. Additionally, ensuring both you and your child are well-rested before the journey can positively impact the travel experience. The day before you leave for your trip keep things as normal and boring as possible to get a goods night rest for everyone!
4. Setting Up Sleep Spaces: Upon arrival, setting up a designated sleep space for your child is crucial. Providing a room tour helps establish familiarity and eases the transition into the new environment, ensuring a more comfortable and restful sleep. I love to sleep with my daughters pack and play sheet, jammies and the lovie were brining on our trip the night before. Then tossing all of those items in our carrie on the next morning. That way when she lays down in the unfamiliar sleep space it smells like home and makes her feel safe and secure.
5. Adjusting to a New Time Zone: For journeys across different time zones, gradual adjustments are key. Simple strategies can help in managing jet lag and avoiding disruptions to the sleep routine, making the transition smoother.
Traveling with a baby or toddler doesn't have to mean sacrificing sleep. By implementing these strategies and utilizing these essential sleep products, you can ensure a smooth and restful journey for your little one, making cherished memories along the way.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Our website, blogs, and newsletters may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or other compensation if you click on or make a purchase through these links. This comes at no additional cost to you. We only promote products or services that we believe may be valuable to our users and that we have personally researched or used. However, please be aware that the decision to purchase any product or service through an affiliate link is entirely yours, and we encourage you to do your own research before making any purchase. Your support through these affiliate links helps us maintain and improve our website and provide valuable content to our users. Thank you for your support!